Thursday, December 07, 2006

Lasting Hope


The second in the series, well actually it was the first plate cut: "Lasting Hope." Again limited to 50 but printed in gold ink this composition, like I mentioned before, uses positive and negative space, but doesn't lead the eye around quite as well as "Ringing Joy." I do, however, like the contrast between the organic shapes and the geometric. I find myself making different connections across the card... Am I really critiquing a Christmas card?! I suppose so, but then I enjoy composition and thinking about the things I see.

I am not sure it is worth mentioning as so few are made and they'll be gone before long, but you can drop me a line on email if you'ld like some and I have any left. They are $3.50 ea. and 3 for $10.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: