Saturday, December 02, 2006

Ringing Joy

OK, so I'm a little behind on the blogs... I've been busy. I thought I'd drop a note to show some of the smaller things I've been working on. Christmas cards!

I had a moment last weekend to sit down and put together some ideas for some simple cards. I tried, in this series to pair down the imagery into its simplest form while maintaining some compositional complexity. I think I was successful with the subtle play on positive and negative space while staying consistent in my division of space. In all I think this composition is interesting as the eye is lead up through the bells into a focal point at the bottom left of the "J."

All in all the limited series of 50 cards printed well and was actually quite a bit of fun.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: